Most people traveling to US need to obtain a visa. In the video, the immigration attorney Carlos Colombo discusses some options for temporary visas.

The B-1 visa, for example, is a visa for a business visitor, a person who is interested to come to US for a conference, for business, etc. This visa is a temporary visa. The requirements for the B-1 visa are: Establish who has ties to your country; eligible to apply for a visa; have financial ability to travel.

The most common types of temporary visas are:

The B-1 visa: a visa for athletes, businessmen and foreign domestic worker;

The B-2 visa: tourist;

The O visa: for aliens with extraordinary ability;

The H-1B visa: for special skills.

“Basically, the H-1B is for a professional, a person who has a specific capacity to be able to come to the US as a professional and has a college degree;. This is a basic requirement and that such jobs have a requirement that This person must have a college degree. “Says Dr. Carlos Colombo.

If the person entered the US legally and want to stay longer, there is an I-539 form used to extend your stay. However, to apply for I-539, the person must have a very specific reason why you need to stay longer than the time you have been given in the US

To find out what is the best visa for your case is important to consult with an immigration attorney so that no mistakes as an experienced lawyer can easily determine which visa is best in your situation. At Colombo & Hurd our first consultation is free. If you are interested to schedule an appointment, call us now at 407-478-1111.