Select Page

Marriage Visas

For nationals who are spouses of U.S. Citizens, as well as their children, there are two types of visas needed to immigrate to the United States Spouses will either process through the CR-1 (Conditional Resident) or IR-1 (Immediate Relative) visa based on the length of the marriage. For marriages less than 2 years the spouse will receive a CR-1 Visa whereas for marraiges two years or longer the IR-1 will be provided. Although previously spouses would enter via the K-3 visa this type of visa is not currently processed by USCIS for a variety of reasons.

In order for the foreign spouse of a U.S. Citizen to qualify for a CR-1 or IR-1, certain requirements must be met including the following:

  • The petitioning spouse must be a U.S. Citizen;
  • The U.S. Citizen must be legally married to their foreign husband or wife under the laws of the country where the marriage occured;
  • The marital relationship must be bona fide.
  • The spouse must be otherwise admissible to the U.S.



Contact our marriage and fiancé visa attorneys at Colombo & Hurd today for an initial consultation at 1 (800)549-5523 and we will be happy to discuss the filing process as well as the length of time likely required for the visa to process. Our Miami and Orlando Fiance Visa Lawyersassist clients both in Florida and around the world to obtain green cards for their loved ones.

× WhatsApp