Select Page

Miami Work Visa Lawyer

The immigration attorneys of Colombo & Hurd are proud to serve businesses in South Florida, Central Florida, and beyond. The Miami immigration lawyers at Colombo & Hurd frequently work with companies of all sizes ranging from start-ups still in the planning stages to major national and international corporations. Whether you are looking to establish a new commercial venture to obtain an investor’s visa or are looking to expand your foreign company to the United States, the lawyers of Colombo & Hurd may be able to help. To discuss your business immigration concerns or goals, schedule a confidential consultation at our Miami law office by calling 305-692-0232 today.

B-1 Visas for Temporary Business Visitors to the United States

Temporary visitors for business purposes can obtain a B-1 visa if they meet certain requirements. A broad array of business travel purposes can be used to apply for a B-1 visa. For instance, a desire to consult with business associates, negotiate a contract, or participate in short-term company training are all justifiable travel purposes under a B-1 visa.

H-1B Visas for Professional Workers in Specialty Occupations

For the general public, the H-1B visa is probably the most well-known type of visa. The H-1B visa is used by companies in all industries, but it is in especially high use in high-tech and computing firms. To be eligible for an H-1B visa a worker must have an employee-employer relationship, the job must qualify as a specialty occupation, the particular job must be related to the individual’s study or field, and the individual’s pay must be at least the actual or prevailing wage.

H-2B Visas for Seasonal No-Agricultural Workers

The H-2B visa is available for certain temporary workers when there is an insufficient number of U.S. workers. Workers must be from a nation that is eligible for H-2B visa. Furthermore, a cap on the number of H2-B workers applies.

L-Visa for Intracompany Transfers

The L-1 and related visas for intracompany transfers can allow for a foreign business or corporation to expand its operations into the United States. Generally, executives, managers, and individuals with specialized company knowledge can secure an L visa to assist with the expansion of a foreign company to the United States. This visa is particularly flexible and does offer a nontraditional path to a green card if the individual takes steps to convert the visa.

O-Visas Intended for People with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

The O-visa can allow individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary ability or achievement in arts, science, business, athletics, and other fields to come to the United States. Individuals who are granted an O visa may be accompanied by an individual provided that his or her presence is an integral part of the O-1 visa holder’s purposes for coming to the United States. Spouses and children can accompany the O-1 or O-2 visa holder.

P-Visas for Artists, Entertainers, and Athletes

The P visa is a type of visa that can permit alien athletes, artists, and entertainers, and their spouses and children to come to the United States. The P-series of visas is subject to an array of requirements. For a P-1 visa, the artist or athlete must be able to present proof of his, her, or the group’s international recognition.  For a P-2 visa, the applicant must be part of a recognized reciprocal exchange program.

R-Visa for Religious Workers

Certain qualifying religious workers may come to the United States. A religious worker is a worker who is typically and continuously engaged in traditional religious practice or functions. A priest, nun, monk, missionary, cantor, or liturgical workers are all individuals who could theoretically qualify for an R visa.

TN Visas for Canadian and Mexican Workers in NAFTA Approved Occupations

Through the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the United States government agreed to provide visas to certain Mexican and Canadian workers. Only certain occupations are included in the NAFTA list including:

  • Architects
  • Computer Systems Analysts
  • Engineers
  • Management consultants
  • Scientists
  • Research assistants
  • Doctors and other medical professionals
  • Academics, educators, and lecturers

Many employers will explore TN visas when the supply of H-1B visas has been exhausted, however, the TN visa is a useful immigration tool in its own right.

Work with Miami Work Visa Attorneys

If your business is considering immigration as a way to address worker or labor shortages, the attorneys of Colombo & Hurd may be able to help. Our attorneys are experienced in working with businesses at all stages in their development. To schedule a confidential consultation, call our Miami immigration law firm at 305-692-0232 or online today.

× WhatsApp