Fiance Visa Lawyer in Orlando, FL
Colombo and Hurd assists couples in the Orlando, Florida area with all the paperwork they need to obtain their marriage and fiancé visa. Our experienced orlando immigration attorneys are here to help clients to petition for their spouse or fiancé if they are already in the United States or if they are overseas and preparing to move to the US. If you are trying to obtain the marriage and fiancé visa, it’s important to understand all the details that go into it and the process for aliens who live outside the US.

K-1 Visa: Fiancé Visa

The K-1 visa is in place to allow US citizens to bring in a fiancé from another country so that they can get married. With the visa, a foreign fiancé is allowed to live and work in the United States. After the individual comes into the country, you and your fiancé have up to 90 days to get married. After the wedding, your fiancé must apply for permanent residency.

Requirements to Obtain the K-1 Visa

There are certain requirements that must be met in order to obtain the K-1 visa. Those requirements include the following:

  • The person petitioning for the visa must be a United States citizen
  • You and your foreign fiancé must be free to legally get married; you must be either single or legally divorced
  • You and your fiancé must have first met within the past two years
  • You and your fiancé must both have the intention of getting married within 90 days of your fiancé’s arrival in the United States
  • You must meet the minimum income and financial requirements to qualify for the K-1 visa
  • Your fiancé must not meet any criteria that makes him or her inadmissible to the United States

If your foreign fiancé has children, there are also K-2 visas available. The K-2 visa is for children of a foreign fiancé who are younger than the age of 21 and who are not married.

If you live in or around the Orlando, Florida area and need to obtain a K-1 marriage or fiancé visa, get in touch with our experienced attorneys who specialize in that area. It’s absolutely essential to have a skilled immigration lawyer on your side to help with your K-1 visa petition. Your attorney is a valuable tool as making a single mistake or having one omission on your petition can result in a delay or even denial of your foreign spouse or fiancé’s visa. Here at Colombo and Hurd, we will assist you through the entire application process from beginning to end, guide you through the supporting documentation needed and review your petition. We will also answer any and all questions you ask. Our attorneys understand that there are many great benefits of US citizenship and will work tirelessly to ensure that you are able to obtain the visa so that your fiancé can stay with you.

>> Related Content: Orlando Immigration Waiver

Marriage Visas: K-3 Visa, CR-1, IR-1

Marriage visas allow the spouses of United States citizens so that they can legally come into and live in the country. Generally, many of the visas processed over the years for this purpose were K-3 visas. The K-3 visa permits immigrant spouses to come into the US so they can finish the immigration process. However, K-3 visas are currently no longer available for processing for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is that they must be processed as Conditional Resident (CR-1) or Immediate Relative (IR-1) visas. The only difference between these two visas is the length of your marriage. If you have been married for two years or longer at the time of the visa’s issuance, you will get the IR-1 visa. If you have been married for under two years, the CR-1 visa is given to you. Certain requirements must be met to obtain one of these visas. They include the following:

  • The spouse petitioner must be a citizen of the US
  • You must be considered legally married to your foreign spouse as per the law where you wed
  • The marriage must be genuine
  • The spouse must be legally admissible to the US