Select Page

Tampa Marriage Visa Lawyer

Marriage Visa Lawyer in Tampa, Florida

Your life in the United States isn’t complete until you can bring your family together, and a marriage visa can help you do just that. A CR1 or IR1 marriage visa allows United States citizens to bring their foreign spouse (husband or wife) to live with them while they apply to be a permanent resident.

When it comes to the immigration process, it can be daunting to fill out all of the forms on your own. The entire marriage visa process involves more than just a simple marriage visa application. You will have to file a petition, then apply, then collect the proper documentation needed to make sure your case is sound.

That is where a marriage visa lawyer in Tampa, Florida can help. With years of experience helping couples obtain their K3, CR1 or IR1 visas, your Tampa, Florida marriage visa attorney can streamline the process as much as possible so that it is less of a headache for you. Your lawyer will walk you through the process from start to finish, making sure all forms are filled out properly and you have the right documentation to ensure your loved one can make the move to the United States as soon as possible.

Experienced Immigration Attorneys

Who is Eligible for a U.S. Marriage Visa?

The spouses of citizens and permanent residents of the United States are eligible to apply for a IR1, CR1, or K3 visa. However, when some couples attempt to apply for a marriage visa, they find roadblocks along the way. While your K3 visa attorney can provide you with more information, there are some common things you want to check to make sure your visa application will be accepted.

Are You Legally Married?

First, you must be sure that you and your spouse are legally married and that your marriage is recognized in the United States and in the state of Florida. While it is not necessary for you to get married in the United States in order to receive this visa, if you got married in your foreign spouse’s country of origin, you must make sure that you have documentation from a government entity to prove that you were married and you both attended the ceremony (proxy marriages are often not recognized). Signed marriage “notices” from ship captains, churches, or religious institutions are not enough proof in order for you to successfully receive your marriage visa.

Is Your Marriage Considered “Bona Fide”?

Another common issue couples run into is the questioning process with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This government organization is hypervigilant when it comes to checking for “sham” or “fraudulent” marriages. A valid marriage is one in which the couple has clear intent to start a life together in the United States. You may be faced with lots of invasive questions to ascertain whether this was your intent. Your K3 or CR1 visa attorney in Tampa, Florida, can help you prepare for this line of questioning and let you know what documentation you need to present to prove your marriage is bona fide.

When to Apply for the Marriage Visa

If you are the spouse of a US citizen, you want to start the marriage visa process as soon as possible. This type of marriage visa allows you to move to the United States with your husband or wife, however you still need to apply for a Green Card within two years. While this may seem like a lot of time, processing a marriage visa can take anywhere from five to six months. Plus, with moving to a new country, starting a new job, or even starting a family, those two years can fly by. Your Tampa marriage visa lawyer will assist you in navigating through the visa application process, from filing the initial petition to collecting any supporting documentation that may be needed.

In the event that you are not yet married, then the process becomes a bit more complicated. If you would like to bring your foreign fiance into the United States as part of a marriage visa, you will need to prove that you have met your spouse within the past two years and that you intend to be married within the next 90 days. Your marriage visa attorney in Tampa, Florida can help you prepare this information should you plan to get married in the next three months.

How Can an Tampa Marriage Visa Lawyer Help My Case?

The world is becoming an increasingly interconnected place, meaning more and more American citizens are finding their lifelong partners overseas. When couples choose to begin their life together in America, they want to be able to be able to unite with their loved one as soon as possible. If this sounds like your situation, then hiring a Tampa, Florida K3 marriage visa lawyer is a requirement. A knowledgeable immigration attorney with experience in marriage visas can walk you through the process of you filing a marriage petition on behalf of your foreign spouse as well as help your spouse apply for permanent residency so you can move forward with your life in the United States.

Your Tampa immigration lawyer will know how to circumvent lengthy processes that could prevent you from starting your new life with your spouse as soon as possible. For example, adjusting your citizenship status through a domestic process is much faster than doing so abroad. By filing for your marriage visa and status adjustment together through the USCIS, the average processing time is just about one year. On the other hand, by filing for your visa petition domestically, then going through the NVC and consulate abroad, the process can take anywhere from 15 to 22 months. An experienced attorney will be well versed in how to avoid anything that could add time to your petition or application, and instead guide you through getting your marriage visa and status changed as soon as possible.

Everyone knows that the visa and immigration process can be lengthy and complex, and when it comes to being with the one you love, you don’t want there to be any delays. Reaching out to a marriage visa attorney in Tampa, Florida could be the difference between you facing roadblocks during the visa application process and you being able to move forward with your new life as soon as possible.

Get in Touch with a K3, CR1, and IR1 Marriage Visa Lawyer in Tampa, Florida

If you are a United States citizen who would like to bring your foreign-national spouse to America to start your life together, then reach out to one of our marriage visa attorneys today. Based in Tampa, Florida, we have years of experience helping families reunite through the complex immigration process when filing for a CR1, IR1 or K3 visa. Let us work with you from your initial marriage petition to the application submission. Our lawyers will help you prepare for any line of questioning you may have to face and collect all the necessary documents to petition your spouse and prove that your marriage is valid and bona fide.

Ready to begin this new chapter of your life together in the United States? Contact us today to get started by scheduling an initial consultation with an experienced Tampa marriage visa attorney.

× WhatsApp