Position: Founding Partner
Tel: (407) 478-1111
Carlos M. Colombo is an internationally recognized attorney and founding partner of the AV-Rated law firm, Colombo & Hurd, PL. With his exceptional leadership has propelled the firm to unprecedented success, establishing Colombo & Hurd, PL as one of the leading immigration law firms in the United States.
As a visionary, Carlos Colombo has spearheaded the growth of the firm, transforming it into a thriving boutique immigration law firm with just under highly skilled thirty licensed U.S. Attorneys and over 250 dedicated team members throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Throughout his career, Mr. Colombo has garnered extensive experience in obtaining temporary visas and permanent resident status for clients across various categories, including executives, investors, and notable figures from the worlds of sports, entertainment, and celebrity. However, the standout accomplishment in Mr. Colombo’s career has been his pioneering work in helping foreign nationals obtain residency through the National Interest Waiver process. This practice exemplifies his dedication to finding innovative solutions for high skilled, talented individuals who do not want to depend on a job offer from a U.S. company or make large investments.
Led by Mr. Colombo, the attorneys of the firm have developed expertise in the realm of high-skill and extraordinary ability immigration processes for professionals. Unlike traditional business immigration law firms that primarily concentrate on corporate representation, Colombo & Hurd takes a different approach, championing the individual, recognizing the potential of each professional as a key contributor to the societal and economic growth of the United States.
Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Carlos Colombo and his family immigrated to the United States after extensive travels around the world. This firsthand experience of the United States’ Immigration System has shaped his unique perspective and approach to handling immigration and international business matters. He understands the challenges faced by individuals and companies within the context of U.S. immigration and international commerce.
Mr. Colombo’s reputation and accomplishments have earned him recognition in the media. He has made multiple appearances on major outlets such as CNN, ABC News, Fox News, Univision, Telemundo, and Globo TV, providing valuable insights on immigration, the U.S. economy, and global commerce.
Carlos Colombo’s remarkable journey, from his personal experiences as an immigrant to his outstanding achievements as an attorney and entrepreneur, embodies the essence of resilience, the unwavering pursuit of excellence, and the profound impact that an individual can make when they combine passion with purpose. Through his leadership and expertise, Colombo & Hurd has thrived, making a significant impact on the lives of countless individuals and served the national interest of the United States.
Mr. Colombo’s unwavering dedication to his clients, coupled with his profound knowledge of immigration and international law, continues to shape the future landscape of U.S. immigration jurisprudence and changing lives one client at a time.
Knowledge & Experience
- Emory University School of Law, (Juris Doctor Degree, 1999)
- University of Central Florida, (B.A. Political Science, 1996)
- Florida Bar
- Florida Supreme Court
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- Past Chair, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
- Board Member, City of Orlando Nominating Board
- Executive Chair, International Department, Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission
- Past-President, Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida.
- Mr. Colombo has spoken at dozens of events regarding Immigration Issues generally focused on EB-5 and Investor Visas. Recently, Mr. Colombo was a featured Speaker Cannes International Expo Emigration & Luxury Property on EB-5 Visas in Cannes, France in October, 2017. Mr. Colombo also spoke concerning EB-5 Visas at the InvestUSA360 Conference Regarding EB-5 Visas & US Immigration in Sao Paolo, Brazil also held in October, 2017. Mr. Colombo was a featured speaker in April, 2017 at the “Investir Expo” on EB-5 Visas in Sao Paolo Brazil. Mr. Colombo also previously spoke at the Las Vegas EB-5 Global Investment Immigration Convention “Due Diligence and Dual Representation in EB-5 Cases” in March 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition to frequently speaking in Latin American and Europe regarding investment and immigration opportunities within the United States, Mr. Colombo is a frequent guest on the Telemundo program, “Un Nuevo Dia.” Mr. Colombo has also given a number of immigration presentations to Rollins College, the University of Central Florida as well as the Florida A&M University School of Law.