Carlos M. Colombo is a founding partner of the AV-Rated law firm of Colombo & Hurd, PL, where he leads the firm’s corporate, international and business immigration practices. With offices in Orlando and Miami, Mr. Colombo has created one of the most successful boutique law firms in the United States.
Mr. Colombo assists both businesses and individuals in mergers & acquisitions, international franchise structuring, complex business structuring, international business transactions, obtaining temporary visas and permanent resident status in a variety of categories, including visas for business partners, managers, executives, treaty investors and traders, and numerous world recognized sport figures, entertainers and celebrities. In particular, Mr. Colombo has developed a niche practice of representing foreign nationals obtain residency through National Interest Waiver process.
Mr. Colombo has represented numerous Fortune 500 companies and has become the personal attorney in large-scale international transactions for many high net worth individuals. Mr. Colombo was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and immigrated to the United States with his family following extended trips throughout the world, including three years of residency in Europe. Having personally experienced the hardships of the United States immigration system. Mr. Colombo has a unique perspective in handling immigration and international business matters and understands the challenges that individuals and companies face in the context of U.S. immigration and international commerce.
Mr. Colombo has extensive experience representing foreign nationals apply for EB-5 Visas in order to obtain permanent residency in the United States. In his capacity as an EB5 Visa Attorney, Mr. Colombo has filed successful applications for foreign nationals all over the world including clients from Brazil, China, Kuwait, South Korea, India, Vietnam, Canada, Kuwait and the United Kingdom. Mr. Colombo has also made multiple appearances on major media outlets including CNN, ABC News, Fox News, Univision, Telemundo and Globo TV to provide guidance on issues including immigration, international commercial transactions and global commerce.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Business Law
- International Transactions
- Emory University School of Law, (Juris Doctor Degree, 1999)
- University of Central Florida, (B.A. Political Science, 1996)
- Florida Bar
- Florida Supreme Court
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Past Chair, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
- Board Member, City of Orlando Nominating Board
- Executive Chair, International Department, Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission
- Past-President, Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida.
PUBLICATIONS AND LECTURES
- Mr. Colombo has spoken at dozens of events regarding Immigration Issues generally focused on EB-5 and Investor Visas. Recently, Mr. Colombo was a featured Speaker Cannes International Expo Emigration & Luxury Property on EB-5 Visas in Cannes, France in October, 2017. Mr. Colombo also spoke concerning EB-5 Visas at the InvestUSA360 Conference Regarding EB-5 Visas & US Immigration in Sao Paolo, Brazil also held in October, 2017. Mr. Colombo was a featured speaker in April, 2017 at the “Investir Expo” on EB-5 Visas in Sao Paolo Brazil. Mr. Colombo also previously spoke at the Las Vegas EB-5 Global Investment Immigration Convention “Due Diligence and Dual Representation in EB-5 Cases” in March 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition to frequently speaking in Latin American and Europe regarding investment and immigration opportunities within the United States, Mr. Colombo is a frequent guest on the Telemundo program, “Un Nuevo Dia.” Mr. Colombo has also given a number of immigration presentations to Rollins College, the University of Central Florida as well as the Florida A&M University School of Law.