The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. © 2016 Colombo & Hurd, PL. All rights reserved
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Colombo Hurd relating to www.colombohurdlaw.com and niwapproval.com. This privacy notice applies to information collected by these websites. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Some materials on the Platform may constitute lawyer advertising. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision, and it should never be based solely upon an advertisement. Before making your choice of any attorney, you should give this matter careful thought. The selection of an attorney is an important decision. FREE BACKGROUND INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. Before you decide, you may ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. No representation is made that the legal services to be performed are greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer’s credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. No representation is made here about your specific rights in any specific matter. Every case is different and must be judged on its own merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Use of Personal Information
To Provide Our Platform. We use personal information to provide our services, including the Platform. For example, we use personal information:
- to provide you with legal and other services, content, and features you request;
- to create, manage, and monitor your account;
- to respond to your inquiries and communicate with you, including placing calls or sending texts using any automated technology, including prerecorded messages;
- to operate, troubleshoot, and improve the Platform;
- to understand your interests, personalize your experience on the Platform, and deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests;
- respond to your inquiries and requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses; and
- enable security features of the Platform, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in.
- For Direct Marketing. We may use your personal information to send you newsletters, legal updates, event information, marketing communications, and other information that may interest you and we understand that you are requesting that information from us and agree to receive it. Of course, you can opt out at any time.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.